cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing LabVIEW and Pulsion PiCCO?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am having a problem with a Pulsion PiCCO system: namely I want to use it on rabbits who have a higher heart rate than 240, making it impossible to have a thermodilution measurement; and  therefore I am planning to somehow drain the box for the temperature and pressure curves for my own analysis. I saw the box has an AUX and an RS232 connector on the back panel, however I do not have any data on the pinouts and the data protocols to connect it to LabVIEW for an own analysis routine.

Does any of you have some data on how to interface it to LabVIEW (both wiring pinouts and communication protocols)? Does it have analog outputs or only digital ones via the ports on the back? I can get hold of the original "PiCCO" or "PiCCO Plus" as well, but not the new PiCCO2 device.

(I hope it is a good place to ask, although it wouldn't necessarily involve the biomedical toolkit)

Thanks,

Gergely

(7,065 Views)

Hi,

You need to check the spec of the device or ask for help from them. If AUX is an analog output, it will be very easy to acquire signal via NI DAQ card.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,552 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jeanlucpicard

The AUX output on the  Pulsion PiCCO is a an analog output. However it is made to mimic the behaviour of a medical pressure transudcer. With a Pressure transducer sensitivity: 5uV/V/mmHg. It could be that it is as easy as well to just skip using tne PiCCO system. And just build your own pressure tranaducer setup. The electronics is quite simple so you can roll out your own, Or maybe some technical department at your place can help you out. Anyway Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you. https://www.google.no/search?q=labview+pressure+transducer

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,552 Views)

do you maybe know the pinout of this aux port? because i guess it would be good enough for me (but seems, I should look for some technical personnel here, probably they can work it out)

keeping the picco system would be in my opinion comfortable, until at least some time, because it has the necessary mechanical and electronical parts, only the calculation needs to be redone

(5,552 Views)

Contact the PICCO vendor, as they know it for sure. However as I hinted about before. This output signal may not be suited as input directly to the your NI daq card. As it probably is very low level.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,552 Views)

Thank you very much for your help, I will keep on looking then

(5,552 Views)

Do not loose faith. From what I see your project is quite doable in many ways. I once builit a human invasive blood pressure system for research.  Using NI daq and some electronics quite simple lay out on a veroboard(stripe board)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,552 Views)

i definitely am not losing my faith, and even managed to find an engineer guy here, who could help me with figuring out the ports and the needed electronics parts (i am a curious md), so i hope we can work it out in the end (it seems, connecting the sensors should be the hardest part, since all the calculations seem to be quite well documented in some articles and manuals)

thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction

(5,552 Views)