Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEG Electrode control system

Solved!
Go to solution

I've got a project to quality control different types of eeg electrodes. My manager chose for the labview platform. He wants to try to measure the eeg directly throug daq. The daq is the compactdaq 9205. Now is my question are there any Vi ore examples to measure eeg. Wenn i measure raw signal there is nothing to see. I got a technical/biomedical education but my experience with labview is not on a high level.

The idea is to measure an EEG on diferent channels with different electrodes, then compare the electrodes on different specs. Shielded vs non shielded cables such things. So we can conclude self at the end when we change or make a new product of its better then our old product of the product from other companies. If someone has a EEG VI and would share the code that would be super.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,814 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mambow

Hi there,

What do you actually plan to measure?  Are they electrical parameters or mechanical?  What measurements will tell you that one electrode is "better" than another?  What will the measurement setup look like?  Will the electrode be connected to a person's head?  Will you be using different types of electrode pastes or gels to affix the electrodes?  Obviously, before we can help design a LabVIEW VI, we need to know much more about the measurement details and the goals of this project. You will also have to isolate those properties that you are trying to understand from all the other variables (signal source, amplifier, noise/environmental issues, etc.).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,053 Views)

Thanks for your fast reply,

We just want to measure eeg, electrical parameters. We got an eeg from neurologist that we want to use as gold standard, to start with later we want to test different gels different electrodes and trough spectrum make analysis of the influence of noise. The other variables stays the same the ony thing that wil change is one variable, through a bridge of wheat stone we want to measure also resistance of te electrode that is not the problem i got this i already got working.

Thank you for al help,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,053 Views)

You say that you have an EEG from a neurologist that you want to use as a gold standard...will you output this EEG from an I/O board in a PC and tie this directly to the electrode?  I'm assuming that you would attenuate the EEG so that it is the same amplitude as normal human EEG (10-100 microvolts) - correct?  If this is the case, I'm not sure what you are really testing, other than maybe the shielding of the electrode wire. Are you testing a hypothesis?  I'm still confused...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,053 Views)

EEG Electrode control system

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,038 Views)