Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG, labview bnc 2120 daq assistance help and VI assistance:)

( This is a Previous post just more info to better help you wonder people answer)

Im creating a ECG System, inwhich I want to use WAVELET Transform approach.  This is for school, nothing professional ,but I've read the paper about acquiring ecg data and filiter using wavlet. I build a VI as well as my acquiing hardware(a right leg drive circuit using the ad620an and ad844 such as the one posted in the  "Continous measurments of ecg and spo2 for cardiology information system" paper on the Labview site. I built the circuit on a beardboard and ran the ecg out to a BNC 2120 DAQ card. Im having tourble on the recieving in in labview as well as checking to see if my wavelet approach is sound. Can't seem to find many examples of this type of apporach. I do know about the boimedical toolkit but I would like to if possible see if I can manage it this way as I've struggle on it for so long ,but seemed to have not gotten as far as I'd like too.

Any Help would be beyond great!

This circuit Ive used is in this link:

http://digital.ni.com/worldwide/singapore.nsf/web/all/97AEB477706D1D688625763300222BD5

The data I used to help me construct the Vi is :

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6349

below is my VI

and once again thank you for your help!

I would really like to finish this in using the wavelet approach.

Im working on Labview 9.0 with the Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit installed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,582 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,055 Views)

Sorry for not responding sooner...we don't like to see unhappy faces

First off, let's break the problem down into modules that can each be tested individually.  It sounds like you have 3 main blocks: ECG amplifier, data acquisition module, and LabVIEW application for processing and displaying the signal.  Is this correct?  If so, then you can test each system individually then put them all together:

1. Does your Data Acquisition module properly read and display a test waveform (from a signal generator) that is approximately the same size and frequency as the waveform expected from your ECG amplifier (sine and square waves from 1-30Hz)?

2. Does you ECG amplifier actually properly acquire a (relatively) noise free ECG signal that is amplified to approximately 1 Vpp?  Have you confirmed this using an oscilloscope or other instrument?

3. Does your wavelet processing VI generate the output that you expect when given an known simulated input (a series of control inputs)?

Once all of these blocks are performing as expected then you can start connecting them together and working out any unexpected problems that may crop up when tying them all together.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,055 Views)

Yes, no said faces here.

I have adapted an application developed by ZJ Gu and team and presented at the BMES in 2008. It uses Wavelets for detrending, Gabor Expansion for noise removal (in this example use manual threshold of 0.82), and ECG extraction using wavelet multiresolution analysis. It can help you with step 3 as suggested by Steve.

I used LabVIEW v 10.0 but saved for versio 9.0 (not tested).

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,055 Views)