Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debating use of the BioMedical Tool kit for Technical Thesis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I was hoping for some guidance before I try and convince one of my coordinators to buy this if I am not going to use it or not going to be able to get something to work.

So the ultimate goal for our project to use LabVIEW to measure ECG signals (Which other groups had issues with in previous years without the BM Toolkit) but then when there is a critical reading, (ie flatline) have an alarm set to (a) Send message (text) to previously installed emergency contacts and (b) "Call" 911 and leave an automated message.

We won't actually call 911, but perhaps my phone for the sake of our thesis but is this possible? Perhaps there is a known app on the AppStore or Play Store which I can send messages to which will automatically export for me? (Whats App?(??))

But what the real point here is that I want to know if I need to buy the Biomedical Tool kit to make this possible(or easier) or can I use the ECG equipment abailable to me and find some othe code in LabVIEW 2013 to allow export my text/call

Can I export like that at all? I've seen student export to apps before.
The Scope of our project is to keep people out of the hospital who still need to be watched, or useful for private care patient.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,144 Views)

Ah.... students these days.....Why do you not ask your teacher about this? I am sure he/she want to come up with the solutions by your self and learn how to use Labview. Not just getting a toolkit right The latter toolkit is not needed for your task. And perhaps it would be better to tell us what you have done so far, and why and how you struggle.

Regarding the ECG and finding heart rate. That is not so hard. I can give you a push in the correct direction. Open the Labview example finder. Then search for peak detection.

I also know that NI have made some ECG simulator VIs. I think this simulator may help you in your project. Perhaps one of NI people can post some link to the most current version

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,084 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbz709

I know, and I was pointed in the directions of the tutorials NI provide which were helpful

Really, the issue issue we are having is not knowing why other years were unsucessful in their endeavours but was told we could try and make a case to get the toolkit if we had a story. Apparently it was in the works to get it anyway but they are changing the program to make it current for newer students so it became an after thoughtwe

But,  we have had enough time now to look over everything and decide on what we need.
Thank you though for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,084 Views)

It is lot of things that can go wrong in a ECG project no doubt about that. Why do you not ask your teacher about what went wrong for the students before you. Then we can provide you with pointers. This project is doable indeed, but it has some pot-holes for the beginner

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 4 of 4
(4,084 Views)