From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biomedical Source Code 3D Visualization; Non parallel images, is it possible?

Hello everyone, I been using the Biomedical source code with great success. Bravo for everyone who contributed to it.

Now I have a new challenge. Previously I was using the Biuomedical source code for parallel images. Which worked great. Now I am attempting to reconstruct nonparallell images. Is the source code capable of doing this? If so how would you do it? I know all the information regarding the pictures, position taken, and direction taken and other data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Learning is living.
Co-Founder and CEO of http://3dprintingmodel.com/

"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,514 Views)

Hey,

The current Biomedical Startup Kit can not work for non parallel  images. I have a suggestion, can we resample you data to a cubic 3D array? Thus, we could load the data into 3D Image Reconstructor.

Thanks!

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,605 Views)

Hi..........

i am working on 3 CT scan Image processing.

Can u tell me how i could approch in breif using Lab VIEW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,605 Views)

Hi,

Did you have a look at this article - http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12784

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,605 Views)

hi sir,

Thaks for information.Can i get 2 D slce of data online to from 3 D image

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,605 Views)

Respected Sir,

Thank you very much for quick replay.

i am pravin,working on project,3 D CT scan Imaging using LabVIEW  2010(8.6).

I am willing to use Biomedical Start up kit.For  using this i need  to use run time engine.

Now  I have get 32  bit

run time engine from the link that u have send me.

I have installed it successfully.

But after this i tried  to

install Biomedical start up kit 3.0  but it is giving  massage "NI LabVIEW Run time engine 8.6  must be installed before  you can install NI biomedical start up kit 3.0"

as soon as  installation process start.

please tell me what can i do.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,605 Views)

Respected Sir,

Thank you very much for quick replay.

i am pravin,working  on project,3 D CT scan Imaging using LabVIEW  2010(8.6).

I am willing to use Biomedical Start up kit.For   using this i need  to use run time engine.

Now  I have get 32  bit run time  engine.

I have installed it successfully.

But after this i tried  to install Biomedical start up kit 3.0  but it is giving  massage "NI  LabVIEW Run time engine 8.6  must be installed before  you can install  NI biomedical start up kit 3.0"as soon as  installation process  start.

please tell me what can i do.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,605 Views)

In terms of resampling non-parallel image data into a 3D cubic array, could this be done by stacking pixmaps one on top of another? If so, how would we take into account the fact that these images need to be stacked with variation in the x and y directions, along with the z direction?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,605 Views)

I think you can.

In Biomedical Startup Kit source code, you could import your own x, y, z coordinates.Could you please give us some sample data? That will help us understand your data property better. Then we could give you more advisable suggestion.

Thanks!

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,605 Views)

Respected Sir,

i got almost all related to 3D module development using

Biomedical start up kit.

But can i apply some technique such as wavelet transform or filtering on 2D

dicom image.

I am filling very hard to deal with 2D image processing(i.e.

filtering ) in LabVIEW as compared with Matlab.

So do u have any link of discussion regarding 2D medical(dicom) image

processing..please send me that link.

Thanking You,

With regards,

Pravin J.

Mumbai,

India,

(9029567562)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,605 Views)