Bay Area LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: There is no user group meeting tonight

I somehow doubt that I'm the only one confused about the current state of the Bay Area LabVIEW User Group, so I wanted to take a moment and post a warning.

Someone just pointed out to me that there is a parallel page for the user group on Meetup (https://www.meetup.com/bayarealabview/).I was not a member of the Meetup group until moments ago, and I don't see any obvious link to the Meetup page from here.

Regardless, the page on Meetup indicates that the next user group meeting will be held on October 23rd, rather than tonight as indicated here (October 2nd).  It also indicates that the date listed here is wrong.

There obviously hasn't been an agenda posted here for the meeting, and when you click on the link to register the correct date is shown, but it is pretty confusing to prominently list an incorrect date the first place most people look.  I can definitely envision someone registering without verifying the details, and then being super annoyed when they hoof it down to Santa Clara, only to find out they need to turn around and drive back home in traffic.

Bigger picture, please pick a single place to provide info regarding the user group, and prominently cross-post that information elsewhere.  At the moment it seems like Meetup has correct meeting information, but most discussions are focused here (not that there are a lot of those).  I don't especially care which site is used, but the answer definitely shouldn't be a secret.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
(3,389 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for pointing this out, I appreciate it! There was a recent change in the date due to meeting logistics. I had updated the information elsewhere, and I apologize for my oversight on this particular page. The correct information has been updated on the main page here. I will also send out a reminder to those registered to ensure there is not a mix-up.

Thank you,

National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(3,375 Views)

Hi, thanks for this notification.  Unfortunately I didn't get it in time, so I turned up to NI and alas no one was there.  Not very happy tbh but hey ho - these things happen.

Hope to see everyone on the 23rd.

Dr. Robert M. Ward MSci PhD CPhys CLA CPI

Certified LabVIEW Architect M>easurement Badge Measurement Badge

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,357 Views)