From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Bay Area LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sexy LabVIEW GUI

Greetings LabVIEW Developers,

I came across a NI Week presentation that was pure gold today.  It was done by a LabVIEW Architect called Jonathan Cohn.  He works for a NI Alliance Partner called Bloomy Controls.  Anyways, the presentation was name Sexy LabVIEW GUI, and really showed off what LabVIEW can accomplish.  (Half of the GUIs that were in the presentation looked straight out of an Iphone App).  I wish I was there to catch it in person, but Jonathan posted his presentation, and I would like to share it with you.

Check out this presentation that Jonathan put together:

http://www.shred444.com/lv/SexyGUI.zip

The presentation is a LabVIEW project that is done in an Slides format, so just open up the main VI and run it then click through.  There are examples on the various pages which shows off the concepts.

Does anyone here employ any of these tactics?  I am seeing more and more the importance of a modern "sleek" GUI from guys I work with.  What do you guys think?

Best Regards,
Song Mu
National Instruments San Diego
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(14,234 Views)

I absolutely love that!

Thanks a lot. LabVIEW programming should be fun and sexy like that

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,742 Views)

Now, that is sexy and I can put the tips to use today.

As for a sleek gui being important: If your'e writing the program for someone else to use the more intuitive the gui the more time you will have for your next project. I have one program that has been in use for 12 years and the only questions I get are related to where the files are since IT took the computer off the network 5 years ago.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,742 Views)

Glad you guys liked it.  I did some more research and it seems one of the marketing managers here put out a Control Suite with modern Controls and Indicators that you can just install and use.  Check out the page here: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9921

image_png.png

It's good to know that all of the elements that are mentioned in the presentation I was able to find inside of the source code.  So it was pretty easy to adapt some of the examples to use in some current code I have been using.

Best Regards,
Song Mu
National Instruments San Diego
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,742 Views)

Song_M,

The link is broken. Could you please reshare a new linke?  I would like to have a look into this GUI.    

--
Ajay MV

Message 5 of 5
(6,742 Views)