From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Bay Area LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malleable VIs

As stated in my title slide Stephen Loftus-Mercer's original Malleable VIs presentation is available on the LabVIEW NI Week 2019 wiki page, along with the video of the presentation linked on YouTube.  Stephen was gracious and let me present his information this evening.

http://labviewwiki.org/wiki/NIWeek_2019

Search the page for Malleable and it will take you to the links.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
Message 1 of 4
(3,900 Views)

I should have included the most likely to be used Malleable VIs on a slide the other night.

Looking around the palette for the new Array VIMs there is the Remove Duplicates from 1D array VIM that along with Stall Data Flow.vim and Is Value Changed.vim will probably be used often.

So far my top uses of VIM are a simple custom one I wrote buried in one of my classes that replaced a bunch of polymorphic instances that dealt with converting data, and definitely the Is Value Changed and Stall Data.vim ones.

I'd be interested in seeing others post over time if they have started using them and what their top VIM are.

Of course, if you use Variant Attributes and move to LV2019 you'll probably get used to using Sets and Maps which are all Malleable VIs.  I'll be looking hard at those now that I have started using Malleable VIs since I leverage Variant LUT very often.

Ryan

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,865 Views)

Right on Ryan.

Good Talk.

I actually learned something new and useful.

Something to tinker with.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,856 Views)

I believe I mentioned that there was a problem with the 2019 shipping code example VIs that I found.  If I didn't be aware that Stephen Loftus-Mercer has provided updated Malleable VIs for the Vi.lib/Array

See the following discussion and posted corrected VIs.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-2019-Malleable-VIs-Shipping-Examples-Lesson-2b-Nested/m-p/3...

I have been using my own Malleable VIs with no issues thus far.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,791 Views)