BLT for LabVIEW (Build, License, Track)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing a Client PC

Solved!
Go to solution

We will be using BLT to install LabVIEW exe's on our own PC's (no external customers).  I am currently using the Evaluation version of BLT.

I have built a BLT exe, got the link to download it from the BLT server, and managed to download update.zip from the BLT server onto my Client PC.

1.  Double-clicking update.zip does nothing.

2.  If I extract this zip, and double-click on my Main.exe, it asks for an Activation Key.

How do I obtain/generate the Activation key?

Right-clicking on Licenses in the BLT main window for each version only shows "Reload Items" not "Add Licenses.."

3.  I have also built a second installer version containing the LV Runtime Engine.  In my LV Project I can see a large install file is generated.  However, the update.zip downloaded to the Client PC does not contain it (its too small).

Why did the second version of the build with installer not contain the LV RTE? 

Thanks,

Neville.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,567 Views)

Hi Neville,

You should not need to download the update.zip.

The way it works is that you first install the application on the computer using the installer that you created.

https://www.studiobods.com/help/bltforlabview/Createaproductinstaller.html

If you configure your installer to "Publish online", you will be able to download your installer using the link created when building your first update:

https://www.studiobods.com/help/bltforlabview/PublishedInstallers.html

You only need to build your installer once.

Then, once you've installed the application on your computer, each time you launch it, it will check for updates and offer you to install the latest version available. (your application will take care of downloading the latest update.zip and extract it on your computer automatically)

When you start your application, it asks for an Activation Key. You need to create a License in order to have an Activation Key. See here how to create a License: https://www.studiobods.com/help/bltforlabview/AddandRemove1.html

Feel free to let me know if you have further questions.

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,561 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me Matthias.

I am having problems creating a license.  Right-click only has the option to Reload Items.

License.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Neville_D

In order to create new licenses, you need to right-click on the "Licenses" item at the top level of the tree. From there you will be able to define which products are allowed to the License you create.

2020-02-24_15-42-39.png

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,553 Views)