cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BLT works on virtual machines ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I tried to test the evaluation version on a virtual machine, but I get an error message at startup :

"You computer cannot be identified properly. Please contact your software administrator to resolve this issue"

Is this because the application is run on a virtual machine ?

Thanks for your reply

Christophe

Christophe | qmt | Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,192 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MountainClimber

Hello Christophe, 

Yes BLT should work properly on Virtual Machines. We have it working on several VMWare machines here.

Can you please tell me what kind of VM infrastructure you are using? (VMWare ESXi, VMWare Workstation, VirtualBox, etc...)

Also, if you downloaded BLT from the LabVIEW Tools Network, you probably have an old version of BLT. Some issues regarding activation on VMs might have been resolved since then. If you downloaded from the Tools Network, I recommend instead that you download BLT from http://BLTforLabVIEW.com and reinstall it in order to get a more recent release.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Thank you!

Matthias.

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,186 Views)

Thanks Matthias.

Yes, indeed I downloaded the evaluation version from LVTN.

It now works properly with the link you provided, on my VMWare Workstation machine !

Now, let's evalute it 😉

Christophe | qmt | Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,175 Views)

No problem. Let me know if you need any help or have questions.

Regards,

Matthias.

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,164 Views)