This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

How enum and Use Case structure work together?

Hi, I´m a beginner in LabVIEW, so I´m trying to left behind the "Hello World" program.....  the next milestone is a basic Calculator, on which I'll do improved versions.

Version 1.0 are n the front view two numeric and one indicator controls, and in block panel just one operation: add. It ran without problem.

I was thinking for version 2.0, to wire every output from the numbers to the four basic operations, said, "+". ".", "*", "/", but I found that that can be achieved with an enum control and use case structure.

The problem is: I filled the enum with its respective values pair, Add - 0, Subtract - 1, .... In the block frame I Inserted the use case and wired the enum to it, but it didin´t mean nothing to VI, because it prompted an error saying that at least one output tunnel must be wired.

As far as I understand, the problem here is how make enum items meaningfully for the use case, because despite wired to ? of it, if I, for example choose Add in enum, the use case interprets it an operation add, instead of the string "Add", thank in advance, I really appreciate any help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(872 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.