Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whenever i try to run write channel API vi .. i am getting error

whenever i try to run write channel API vi .. i am getting error that write queue overflow,as an attachment i have attached the error snap. plz help me on this

thanks

mahadev

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,401 Views)

HI Mahadev,

Can you let us know what version of the NI CAN or NI XNET driver you are using and what hardware you are running on? Do you get these error when using the example VIs found in the NI Example Finder (Help»Find Examples then navigate to Hardware Input and Output»CAN»NI-CAN»Basic»Single Sample Periodic Output.vi)?

Is it possible that you are calling the CAN Write to quickly? If you are not using one of the examples or still having trouble can you post your code?

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,375 Views)

hi , thanks for the reply . i am using an example write channel VI .. and version of MAX 4.7.6.

it will run fine for some times again it will show the same error as mentioned.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,367 Views)

These are the attchment of VI

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,366 Views)

Hi Mahadev,

The version of MAX is not the version of NI-CAN or NI-XNET. You can find the version by looking in the MAX Software Tree.

2011-07-13_172936.png

I believe KnowledgeBase 1YL9E1RM: What Causes Queue Overflow with NI-CAN is a good link for you to review. It outlines to possible means to get an overflow error and offers suggestions (write slower, increase the queue size). For your case I recommend take note of KnowledgeBase 2VIGB3WH: Optimizing Speed For CAN I/O and use the ncWait function (see ncWaitForState function help in LabVIEW) to help pace your application.

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,336 Views)

thanks for the reply,

I have attached the version snap shot.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,329 Views)