Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unsupported database format

Solved!
Go to solution

I upgraded to the PXI-XNET board to replace the CAN board. Now my software, which works on 6 other machines, does not work. I keep getting the error message "Unsupported database format". The database is a .dbc file (no change from before).

Error -1074384578 occurred at CAN Initialize.vi

I'm getting the impression that I'm going to have to upgrade all my software to use the XNET functions instead of any of the CAN ones. The "software layer" interface was installed with the XNET 1.0.

Any experience out there?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(9,290 Views)

To use NI CAN channel API with XNET device, we need to install a “compatibility layer” software interface… Following links resolves the issue

X-NET Error for Channel API

X-NET for channel API -2

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(9,289 Views)
The "compatibility layer" software interface is already installed as stated in my original post. I'm not following why it is not recognizing the .dbc file that was created with CANdb++. Working on that right now...any suggestions would be helpful.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(9,284 Views)

I have used my  channel API drivers made for other CAN hardwares with X-NET cards after installing compatibility layer and it worked perfectly when I used with PCI based devices. I am not sure why it sholdn't work with PXI device.

"After the NI-XNET Compatibility Library for NI-CAN is installed, NI-XNET hardware also appears as NI PCI or PXI-815x devices under Devices and Interfaces along with actual NI-CAN devices. " - You should get both the CAN device channels listed in MAX and you should be able to run NI-Bus Monitor application on those channels.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(9,280 Views)
I've narrowed it down to the CAN Initialize.vi, using Output Recent mode, the library function nctInitialize. No clue, trying to transfer everything to the XNET functions since all future systems will be utilizing the same newer board.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(9,277 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author teritask
Since I'm using Labview RT, the database info has to be set up in the project, you can't use one as a file on the drive. Still having issues but as least this was cleared up.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(9,248 Views)
Isn't it working when you import the dbc file into MAX CAN channels ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(9,244 Views)

I'm not sure if that works with LV real-time but I'm not doing that anyways. The idea behind the original program was to support multiple, selectable databases.

Only issue I'm having now is my outgoing messages..."buffer not large enough"...of course I can find no references on how to fix this issue, but hopefully I'll resolve it today.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(9,227 Views)

Probably you can de-allocate the buffer size for incoming messages(Messages in CAN Read section) to 1 sample\Sec as it hardly makes any difference.

This might help you to allocate better periodicity for all write messages(CAN Write). You may reduce the messages with less than 100ms periodicity as it directly affects the CAN card buffer size.

Please let me know how you address it...:)...all de best... 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(9,225 Views)

@teritask wrote:
Since I'm using Labview RT, the database info has to be set up in the project, you can't use one as a file on the drive. Still having issues but as least this was cleared up.

Even I have the same problem. I always get the following error:

Error -1074384578 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

NI-XNET:  (Hex 0xBFF6313E) Unsupported database format. For reading a database, the extension must be .xml, .dbc, .ncd, or .ldf. For saving, the extension must be .xml.

In my application, I am deploying the CAN .dbc file to the RT system by using Add Alias and Deploy Database XNET APIs. I can see the database deployed on the RT system, but when I try to open this database and access the cluster/signals inside it, I always get the above error. I am using the XNET APIs- Database node:Clusters:Signals on the RT system.

Can anyone help me out in this?

Regards,

FraggerFox!

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(8,033 Views)