Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send&receive VI for CANcardX acting wierd!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I am developing an application in LV 7.1 to acquire data from an ECU (2 Kbytes of EEPROM data of a µC). I use a CANcardX for this purpose and it’s driver VI’s. I hope you are familiar with “send&receive.vi” one of the VI’s to transmit and receive data using CANcardX. This VI has “ncdtransmit.vi”, “ncdreceive.vi” and “ncdgeteventstring.vi” as it’s sub VI’s.

I am facing a wierd problem with this VI. I am receiving random values (Hex) instead of required data from EEPROM. Most often I receive the Hex values “E2” and “59” or “E2” and “79” in pairs. Though the expected values are also in hex format, I am sure that these values are not correct and moreover these two values does not appear every time but once in two or three read operations (In the other times I get the correct values) and the quantity of these unusual hex values also vary each time they appear.

I’ve verified all other sub VI’s used for data type conversion and all my verifications point to this VI which is where the actual data transfer to the CANcardX takes place. I have no clue as to why these values appear randomly.

One possible explanation might be that these values are stored in a buffer (in the CANcardX) and the VI just reads these data once in 2 or 3 times. If this is true, what can be a proper solution to avoid this problem????

Looking for any practical clue in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

-Mohan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,030 Views)

Mohan,

If I am not mistaken, this CANCardX is not from NI, right?  I doubt very many people here will be familiar with its VIs.

-Khalid

Message Edited by Khalid on 03-28-2006 12:20 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,017 Views)

Hi Khalid,

The CANcardX is from the firm Vector and not from NI and the VI I had mentioned is provided by this firm to make the CANcardX compatible with NI LV.

I too guess not much people will be familiar with this VI.

-Mohan.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,009 Views)

Hai Mohan

I am also using CANcardX from VECTOR,  please give me some startup help & examples, how to setup CAN communication (Send/Receive).

Thanks & Kind regards

sk

I am using LabVIEW 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,857 Views)