Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone plz send me the VI where i can transmit and receive the message using CAN.I am using NI-CAN and LabVIEW 10.0.1

I want to transmit and receive the message using frame API. I want to do it in single VI. I saw some examples but they are not working . So plz help me regarding this.

Thanks

mahadev

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,013 Views)

I would suggest to check the example Transmit Receive same Port.vi within the Example finder

This is a good starting point for CAN I/O on a single Port. Otherwise please provide more informations on your requirements

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,012 Views)

thanks for reply ..

I saw that example ..i am able to write and  can see it in the bus monitor .. but i am not able to read them .. nothing is beeing displayed on front panel.

ur reply is very valuable to me

thanks

mahadev

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,010 Views)

this example receives frames on the same port. By CAN design you cannot receive the frame you are transmitting. If you want to receive what you transmit in addition there are 2 options:

- use the second port of your CAN device for Receiving the frames you transmit

- use the Self Receiption mode (refer to the manual for further details ho w to use this mode)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,005 Views)

have PCI NI - CAN card where i have 2 ports and both the ports i have interconnected means loop back . so i was transmitting the message from one port say can 0 and receving from other port can 1 .. but this is not having even i interconnected them using the cable.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,002 Views)