From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNet Bug With Configuring FD Baud on Second Interface

Over a year ago I contacted NI support with an issue that I thought was a bug.  This never got a bug number assigned but I wanted to post here to mention the issue, along with some test code that shows the problem, and have NI give this another look.  This is Reference #7813954.

When using multiple XNet interfaces at once, and CAN-FD is being used on the second interface used, and the In Memory Database is used, error -1074384742 will occur when attempting to create the session, after configuring the second interface's baud rate settings.  If all the interfaces used are standard CAN 2.0 high speed, there isn't an error.

This is seen on the latest XNet version 21, and LabVIEW 2021 in 32 or 64 bit on Windows 10.

There is a work around which takes more code, is harder to manage, and is not a suitable on RT, without requiring a host for database deployment.  I also want to highlight the fact that this work around isn't a replacement for fixing the bug.  The work around is to set the baud rates on the database and save the database, then reference that instead of using the in memory database and setting it.  Since RT is missing several database functions this means the host needs to make the database, set the baud, save it, then deploy it, before RT can use it.  If you are doing CAN 2.0 stuff the RT can just make a database in memory, set the baud and use it independent of any host.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(966 Views)