From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET schedule and ADCS diagnostics parallel

Hello,

I want to run a schedule table as master on the XNET LIN Hardware. Some application Frames must be sent, as the ECU requires it. Parallel to it, I want to start diagnostics with ADCS. As I experienced, ADCS uses "Diagnostic Only Mode" on LIN, so as I open the ADCS diagnostics, it changes the schedule from the running one to MasterReq / SlaveResp.

Is there any possibility to run them parallel?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,907 Views)

You can run a normal schedule in parallel with ADCS which uses the diagnostic schedule. I have attached an example that combines the LIN Diag Measure and Control Value.vi shipping example with the LIN Frame Input Output Same Port.vi shipping example. 

To set it up, you will need to connect two slave examples up to the same bus so 3 LIN ports are required to run it. The slaves are a single instance of the LIN Frame Input Output Same Port.vi and the Diagnostic Demo ECU(LIN).vi.

The Diagnostic Demo ECU(LIN).vi. should be run with default settings.

The LIN Frame Input Output Same Port.vi will need to point to the the Input output frames switched to the ADCS_LIN_example database that installs with ADCS at 

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\Automotive Diagnostic Command Set\Examples\MS Visual C\Diagnostic Demo ECU (LIN)

Then select Slave1Frame1 for the Output Frame List and MasterFrame1 for the Input Frame List.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,861 Views)