Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET Flash Programming is slow

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I also started this topic in the general Labview session. But here my problem should be considered more.

The problem I have is the flash programming with XNET. Generally the programming works with a NI 9862 and the Automotive Diagnostic Command Set. However, this is pretty slow compared to my reference tool vFlash. I got a view very interesting hints, especially from Hooovahh. And now my code looks temporarily like this:

OptimizedOptimized

The data are prepared outside the transfer loop so that only the data blocks are selected and transmitted here.

I also have changed the VI settings:

ConfigConfig

And the result is a time saving of 2s (105s with Labview, 23s with vFlash).... Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,994 Views)

What version of the ADCS tool kit are you using? Have you tried using the latest version to rule out fixes for any known issues?

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,963 Views)

I'm using version 15 with Labview 2016. I can't find any changes in the readme regarding this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,953 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TiBr

I would recommend upgrading to ADCS 18.0. The readme indicates a bug fix for ISO TP transfers that impacts flash applications.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,946 Views)

Hey Jeff, thanks a lot! After installing version 18, the time is reduced from 105 to 43 seconds Smiley Happy

Now I have the problem to spend another 1140 EUR for this bug fix (+ invested time to find the solution with your help)....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,937 Views)

@TiBr wrote:

Now I have the problem to spend another 1140 EUR for this bug fix 

Well you could write this whole toolkit yourself.  I'm sure NI took multiple man years of time to develop, test, and document it.  Compared to that development time, 1140 EUR seems like a deal.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,930 Views)

If you already had a license for ECUMC 15.0, the same serial number should work for ADCS 18.0. I.e. it shouldn't cost extra to upgrade from 15.0 to 18.0.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,925 Views)

Jeff you are right!
I only entered the serial number during installation and then saw that the product was only in evaluation mode. However, I was able to activate the product in the license manager. Perfect! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,899 Views)

Hello everyone,

I am new to XNET, can somebody tell me how can I flash ECU using XNET.

I have ADCS and ECUMC installed but not able to find any example for flashing ECU using XNET.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,497 Views)

You should have started a new thread.  That being said the way to flash an ECU over UDS can be specific to the manufacture, and likely requires security authentication of some kind.  The type of thing not shared with the public.  I do talk a little bit about this in my Part 13 of my CAN blog regarding Seed and Key.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,468 Views)