Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCP Custom Device Error 74

Hi,

after some time I got this Custom Device working on my PC.

The only problem is that I get the Error 74 everytime the Workspace is opened after I deploy the project.Error74_en.png

I have a couple of xcp controls in the Workspace and sometimes this Error 74 pops up the same number of times that the Controls in my workspace.

Everything works ok, the controls and Indicators. But I still get the error at the beginning.

Which information should I post in order to make this understandable?

Thanks

Regards.

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,443 Views)

I don't recall having ever seen this error before. I'm working with the devs to figure out what else we need to debug, diagnose, or reproduce it.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(3,423 Views)

So far we have not been able to reproduce this error. The error description indicates that the origin is within the single measurement version of the XCP Workspace control. Internally, this control uses an "Unflatten From String" VI which can throw error 74 when the binary string does not suit the specified format. We can force error 74 by providing a small string like "A" so we tried to flatten/unflatten all the measurement names in the A2L files you have provided earlier. All of the names worked fine and the developers did not find any other issues with your A2L.

Do you use any other measurements than the ones provided in the A2L you sent me? Is the issue caused by specific measurements or in other words, have you found measurements that don't cause the issue?

How many measurement controls are you using simultaneously? They have individual timeouts so do you see the issue with fewer controls?

If we can't figure it out, one possible workaround would be to use DAQ List or Polling configured in the system definition instead of the workspace controls. Then you would be able to use normal (non-XCP and CCP) controls to display the measurements.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 3 of 6
(3,414 Views)

@JefeL

Do you use any other measurements than the ones provided in the A2L you sent me? Is the issue caused by specific measurements or in other words, have you found measurements that don't cause the issue?

Is the first and only one A2L I have used with Veristand. I added 3 random-selected measurements and the same happens.

@JefeL

How many measurement controls are you using simultaneously? They have individual timeouts so do you see the issue with fewer controls? 

I was using 3 Measurements, then I added 3 more to see if the pop-up multiplicates.

I left 1 of the ones I had and 1 of the new 3 and it still happened. 

I left 1 of the new 3 and it still happened.

I remove everyone and the Error didn't pop up.

Some information that might help:

The workspace fails if I click Run in the Veristand Project Explorer.

I have to Deploy and then open the workspace otherwise nothing works in the workspace.

Thanks and Regards.

=======

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,397 Views)

So far we have not been able to reproduce this error despite running all manner of tests to try and force it to occur. Our next best option is to look at the code that throws the error and work back from there. Error 74 is only thrown if the TCP message data payload is empty or the expected command string does not match. The data payload can only be empty if the ECU has no measurements, thus no measurements are selected for the control and there would be nothing to update anyway. That leaves us with the command string not matching up which can only occur if the TCP message is somehow corrupted.

Our hypothesis at this time is that the TCP connection is causing the problems. Possibly other TCP traffic on the network is disrupting the communications, Ethernet to USB adapter causing problems, or the Ethernet cable is faulty or something else. The next course of action is to look at your network setup to see how everything connects together. We can then try connecting in different ways to isolate which components are introducing the errors.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(3,381 Views)

I was using a Ethernet to Usb adapter but I removed it and I don't get the Error 74 anymore.

I tried with 3 different Ethernet cables but the strange thing is that sometimes the controls doesn't work in the workspace.(They are red).

I looked in the console and I get the Error code 301072 or the 301017.

console.png

console2.png

I had 3 CAN interfaces connected to the HiL. I disconnected everyone and I kept the CAN interface from NI connected.

But these errors happens again randomly sometimes everything is fine but at the next try it fails or fails twice and works twice.

Thanks 

=======

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,336 Views)