From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can cause to error - NI-XNET: The NI-XNET driver no longer can communicate with the device.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using X-NET NI - PCI8512, OS: Windows 7, C++ (QT environment).

I'm pooling data from card (StreamIn) at ~100Hz. Read time from card (ReadStatus) at ~100Hz.

After about 40 min (depend on the amount of data in) I get that error:

(Hex 0xBFF630B2) The NI-XNET driver no longer can communicate with the device. Solution: Make sure the device has not been removed from the computer.

What can cause to that error?

Thanks for advance,

Aviad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,877 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aviadCielo

Hello aviadCielo,

When you get this error, what do you need to do in order to get it working again? If you restart your program, does everything start working?

Secondly, what version of NI-XNET are you using? This may be a software issue that could be solved by upgrading to NI-XNET 1.6.

Finally, can you reproduce this issue with a simple program? If so, can you attach the program you're using?

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,864 Views)

Thanks for the replay!

• The problem vanished as I restart the program.
  • I'm using ver. 1.5. I will try to upgrade my version' and if It's do not make it' I will try to send simple code.

Thanks again,

Aviad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,857 Views)

OK!

After upgrading to version 1.6, I get this ERROR:

NI-XNET: (Hex 0xBFF63007) Computer went to hibernation mode and the board lost power. Solution: prevent the computer from going to hibernation mode in the control panel.

And after implementing the suggestion solution, It is seem that it work out...

Thanks again,

Aviad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,849 Views)