From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDS services request not responding on NI 8502

Tap into the CAN bus by having the CAN-high and CAN-low (typically pins 2 and 7 on a DB9) split out so that ECU, Vector, and XNet are on the bus at the same time.  This can be done with a Y cable, or a ribbon with DB9 crimps, or if you are really fancy a CAN Breakout box.  This is just how I would troubleshoot it but there are other options available.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 32
(2,281 Views)

Thank you for your message. I checked the bus communication flow by using PCAN USB in network along with my XNET hardware. My TX from Xnet hardware is going to ECU and RX i can see on PCAN but on Xnet Hardware i cannt see RX frames.i am attaching images. I think there is setting problem in receive part of frames on xnet hardware. ? Is it related to Baud Rate or something ? as in PCAN its using 500Kbits/sec and 2Mbits/sec. Does it make any difference?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 32
(2,268 Views)

Thank you for your message. I checked the bus communication flow by using PCAN USB in network along with my XNET hardware. My TX from Xnet hardware is going to ECU and RX i can see on PCAN but on Xnet Hardware i cannt see RX frames.i am attaching images. I think there is setting problem in receive part of frames on xnet hardware. ? Is it related to Baud Rate or something ? as in PCAN its using 500Kbits/sec and 2Mbits/sec. Does it make any difference?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 32
(2,266 Views)

I found the issue and changed Custom Baudrate in Normal CAN. Like Changed sample point to down. I can see RX messages from ECU now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 32
(2,256 Views)

Glad you found the issue.  I did mention sample point might need to be changed but honestly I didn't think that was going to be the issue.  So when you use an NI example, you're going to want to use the custom baud rate.  When you set the baud rate in LabVIEW there is a U64 value, and for 500k you set it to 500000 which should be obvious.  But to set it to 500k at 80% sample point you set it to 0x32A0041E07.  This is the value of the "Custom Baudrate" as seen in the dialog you posted.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 32
(2,245 Views)

Can you tell me how to put in software then custom baud rate. I tried to put this baud rate but i am getting same error like which I posted at first time.?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 32
(2,242 Views)

Sorry but that looks right.  I'm not sure what else could be the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 32
(2,229 Views)

You're using an advanced example where you need to provide the bytes for the service request in the controls below. Can you try this again with a simpler example, e.g. the Read ECU Identification one?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 32
(2,221 Views)

I tried with simpler Read ECU but i am getting error. I have attached images too. I think i need to change the configuration setting but i am not finding the way as i changed sample point in NI Xnet bus monitor?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 32
(2,204 Views)

I think your receive ID is incorrect.  Usually the Transmit ID and Receive ID are similar, but you have a 29-bit ID for Transmit and a 11-bit ID for receive.  They also usually follow a pattern (i.e. transmit might be 0x700 and receive might be 0x600, or transmit might be 0x18DACCBB and receive might be 0x18DABBCC).

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 32
(2,195 Views)