Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmitting periodic CAN messages having different periods and different arbitration ID through single interface.

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to send multiple messages having different arbitration ID periodically (messages may have different periods) through single CAN interface?

I am using CAN frame API 2.7.5.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,426 Views)

What have you tried?  This is a pretty trivial piece of software.  I opened up the Transmit Receive Same Port example from Help >> Find Examples.  Then added two cases, that trasmit a frame at defined rates using the Elapsed Time express VI.

Transmit Different Rates Receive same Port_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,412 Views)

Thanks for the idea...

Actually I need to send custom number of messages which is dynamically added, Could you please tell me how it could be done?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,393 Views)

I have found this vi in vi pallete.It is related to CAN object. Is it possible to use this VI to send multiple messages periodically and dynamically.

Dynamically means Some new messages will be get added during the transmission. So I need also to configure those new messages with the existing messages to transmit periodically with different periods corresponds to each message. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,385 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ahamedalthaf1

Not all hardware support the hardware timed retransmit, so I generally stick with software timed if timing isn't super critical.  Attached is an improved version which works with an array of signals to retransmit.  Each rate is evaluated one at a time, and then that frame is sent, if enough time has passed.

Transmit Different Rates Receive same Port Array_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,372 Views)