Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmit frame from one vi to another using virtual ports

How do I read and write CAN Frames over virtual port? Is it even possible using Frame API ? 

My objective is to send frame from one vi using virtual port, and recieve at another vi using channel format (data scaled to physical units). I have done this with channel API, it worked out pretty well, i tried using transmit frame examples, but they don't help, and for most of the time i get an error, NI-CAN:  (Hex 0xBFF62007) You attempted to set a configuration attribute while the object is running.  Solutions: Configure attributes prior to opening the object; Stop and restart communication as needed so that you can update configuration attributes.

and this article here didn't help: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7DED549E2818985586256F9C006687E8?OpenDocument

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,860 Views)

Hi Sonofsam,

I recommend that you use the CAN Transmit-event based and CAN Receive example VIs.  You can find them in the example finder if you go to Hardware Input and Output > Can >NI-CAN > Frame API > Basic.  In CAN Transmit-event based.vi, select CAN 256 for interface.  In CAN Receive.vi, select CAN 257 for interface.  This will show how you can read and write CAN Frames over virtual port.

I hope this helps!

Dayna P.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,834 Views)