From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read rate is very slow when Write and read CAN FD frames at same time

I am trying to write and read CAN FD frames for my ECU by using the USB-8502. The following picture shows my program.

However I get a problem that the speed of read CAN FD from my ECU is very slow and actually my ECU will send out message in 100ms per frame. Then I use CANoe(vector) to read the CAN FD message at the same time, CANoe can get all the message from my ECU and at a correct rate. So I can get the result that write CAN FD is successful of my program. 

Could you help me to find the problem in my program.

And I also have another question: When I use CANoe write and read CAN FD message, and also use NI bus monitor to read the message from CAN bus which will stop the CANoe project. I don't know why.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,010 Views)

Well, you have a 100ms sleep in each loop. That will limit the frequency of writing a can frame to one per 100ms.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,987 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

However, I modified the loop time to 20ms, the speed of read message is still very slow, like one message 3s and very random.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,974 Views)

Hey, you problems seems odd but found this information. Perhaps you could double check your sampling points.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7mDSAS&l=en-US

Juan Navarro
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,395 Views)