Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCMCIA CAN/2 Series-2 card not getting detected

Hi All,

In my laptop, NI-CAN software and Hardware (NI PCMCIA-CAN Series 2 card) are been installed for my application. Problem is that in the middle of the program run, suddenly the CAN card is not getting detected. Even in the MAX software window, the CAN card is not getting listed under the option 'Devices and Interfaces'. At the same time I've verfied this CAN card presence under 'Device Manger' option in Control Panel. This card is not getting listed out there also. 

But all of a sudden, after sometime, if I open the MAX window, this card is getting listed and program runs smoothly without any problem. This is occuring too frequently.
Windows XP is the operating system in my laptop. Is there any additional settings I need to look into?

Can any one please suggest me in solving this problem.........

Thanks in advance,
Krishna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,189 Views)

Hi Kittamma,

Well the fact that the device manager doesn't show the device as well as the MAX indicates that the OS didn't recognize the board at this time. Perhaps there is some sort of loose contact going on within the PCMCIA Slot. Could you reproduce this behavior within the second slot or a different laptop?

I assume you have the latest NI CAN driver 2.3.2 installed? But i doubt this is software related .

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,182 Views)