From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-CAN suggestion required...

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I narrowed my search of using PCI-CAN card to PCI-7841 from Adlink technologies.. Its got dual CAN network... what exactly does this mean???.. and will this PCI-CAN card support Labview?? Is there any PCI-CAN vendors with low cost supporting Labview..

Thanks & Regards,

Harish Chincholi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,788 Views)

Hello Harish,

Dual CAN networks means that you can connect the card to 2 seperate CAN networks.  Similarly to having two different serial ports on your computer.

The Adlink card seems to come with a DLL.  You could call that DLL from LabVIEW using a Call Library Function Node.

You could also look at the NI-PCI-CAN cards, which come with native LabVIEW drivers.  

However, it seems from your application (from other posts) that you could use a USB-CAN device to perform your 4 computer network.  This may be something to consider since cost seems to be an issue.

Have a great day! 

O. Proulx
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hariz

Hello Mr. Harish

Hope your problem is solved. Do let us know if you have further issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,751 Views)

hi everyone,now i am busy using pci-7841 to communicate with motion,but i can't find the labview driver of the pci-7841.so i have to use the call library node to visit 7841.dll,it wasters so much time to do so,can you give some sub_vi about pci-7841? thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,792 Views)

Hi,

I am using adlink PCI 7841CAN card is there any example programs available,since i am new to labview will be helpfull for me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,097 Views)

you should check with your Adlink rep if there are any LabVIEW ecamples available.

CAN hardware (NI-XNET) from National Instrumtents is always shipped with powerful and ready to use LabVIEW examples which save a lot of time and money to get started with your CAN application...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,095 Views)