From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-CAN/XS2 Single wire causing fatal error

Hi Rich_G,

From what you described and linked it does not appear to be a memory leak. Would it be possible to catch that exception in your code? Also, what is the TNDRVIER from and is this driver causing the exception?

Patrick H | National Instruments | Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,323 Views)

Hello Haggen-Dazs,

Our IT guys searched for TNDRIVER, Aside from Tennessee Drivers license, It appears to be an HP driver dealing with an X-Window function. Beyond that, it is still a mystery. 

Trying to catch the exception is a challenge. At least at my level. This is a former unix program running in an x-window. We updated the Exceed to eliminate this as a cause of the exception. I have opened another ticket at Aeroflex ATE support, requesting updated API calls from their CAN library. I am hoping this will help. We are not standing still, but you need to chalk the floor to measure our progress...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(3,314 Views)

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the update about the open ticket with AeroFlex.  Please keep us posted on any related information they are able to provide. 

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,301 Views)

This is the most recent errors occuring in the event log.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,292 Views)

Finally got the files to attach

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,289 Views)

Hi Rich,

For the WMI error I'd recommend checking the Microsoft Community Forum.  It appears that they have a fix for that error.

Are you using any touch screen computers?  I found some information about TNDRIVER and some third party industrial computers.

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(3,278 Views)

We had a touch screen on the old controller/computer, we did not install any support for this on the new controller. We only transferred the one directory tree for the Aeroflex In Circuit Tester. This directory did not include any touch screen files.

I will look to see if any of my colleagues  attempted to install the touch screen software. I should be able to pull it out with the add remove software that comes with the operating system.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(3,272 Views)