Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Flow Controllers

I am entirely unfamiliar with DeviceNet, so let me explain as good as possible.

I have 4 MFC's to control different gasses. They are all hooked up via devicenet and show up in MAX. I wrote a small VI that will open the first controller and set the service ID to 10 (Set_Attribute_Single is the SERVICE ID) and sent it the flowrate as the Service Data on the Advanced Explicit Messaging object. Attached is some sample VI that I wrote. It won't error out, but it's not setting the indicated value.

And to top it off, when I use MAX or Set Attribute, I get an error for the device. (I think BFF26014 or something).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,587 Views)
Hi gmeyer,

Well the error message you get means the following: (Hex 0xBFF62014) Error response received from remote DeviceNet device.  Indicates that Get / Set Dnet Attribute failed in the device.  Solutions: Using DeviceError, refer to the error codes in the DeviceNet Specification or to documentation from the device vendor.

Perhaps you used the wrong configuration data?

Did you try the default example?

DirkW
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,578 Views)
Yes, I went through that explicit messaging example and even the set attributes example.

In that example, I set the Service Code to 10 (Set Attribute) instead of E (Get Attribute), and made sure the Data Length was set according to spec for this attribute, is this correct?

What does it mean when the response is:

Service Code: 14

Data: 15 FF 00 00

-------------

Even after running the example and issuing the service codes, and sending it the data it was looking for, it did not modify the attributes (Checked in the NI-DNET Configurator).

Message Edited by gmeyer on 05-23-2006 07:51 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,576 Views)