Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN Master/Slave Diagnostic Frame

Greetings,

I'm currently working on a project that is based on LIN/CAN communication testing of an automotive product.

I'm not familiar to LIN protocol so I'm collecting as much data as i can to understand the procedure.

I'm using the USB-8506 LIN Interface module, with NI-XNET LLB in LabVIEW 2017.

So i tried to use "LIN Diagnostic Frame Master" and "LIN Diagnostic Frame Slave" simultaneously but i get an error (resuming it, it indicates that i cannot open an already opened session so i need to close it in order to use it again, therefore the two VI's cannot be executed together).

Although, if i use the XNET Bus Monitor in "subordinate" mode, i can run it in parallel with "LIN Diagnostic Frame Master" and i get the response frame (Slave response) without error.

My question is, what should i modify to replace the XNET Bus Monitor with the "LIN Diagnostic Frame Slave" VI

Best Regards.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,106 Views)

Braniac89,

Yes, you can use the XNET Bus Monitor instead of the LIN Diagnostic Frame Slave.vi. However, these two VIs are meant to be used together. Are you making sure that your resources are correct, everything is wired correctly, and that you are starting the Master VI before the Slave VI?

Regards,

Alyssa H.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,067 Views)

Alyssa,

I'm using the same LIN interface in both  VIs, with the "NIXNET_exampleLDF" as description file.

I kept the basic example's configuration.

For the hardware part, both transceiver and product are having their own voltage supply, the wiring is checked (as in LIN wire) and as i said it works fine with the XNET Bus Monitor.

I just can't figure out why i get this error.

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,062 Views)

Braniac89,

Can you please post screenshots of how you have the Front Panels set up for both the LIN Diagnostic Frame Master and the Slave?

Regards,

Alyssa H.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,048 Views)

You need to stop all the other LIN schedules, and more importantly, START the diagnostic master request/slave response schedules, when you send a diagnostic master and are expecting a slave response. Are you starting/stopping the schedules in this way?

I hope this helps.

Dan Haugen
Certified LabVIEW Developer
CLD Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,043 Views)

Alyssa H.

Here is how i set up my front panels.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,024 Views)

Dear Braniac89,

It looks like you are trying to read and write to the same resource, which is not possible. Make sure that you have the correct resources selected for the Master and the Slave. They should not both be LIN 1. If you notice when you first open the examples, the default resource for the Master is LIN 1 and the default for the Slave is LIN 2.

Regards,

Alyssa H.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,995 Views)

How do we actually read and right Master and slave in the same Port LIN1 /LIN2. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,654 Views)