Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialising PCAN to USB Adapter

Hello to all,

I am using the Peak Systems PCAN-USB adapter to interface with our CAN network (see http://www.phytec.com/products/can/pc-can-interfaces/peakusb.html for Peak info) and need to set up the transmission of CAN messages to a HBM T12 digital torque transductor.  I am using vi's from KDI (see http://www.phytec.com/products/can/can-software-development-tools/pcanaddon.html) that allows to use the Peak adapters from labview.

I think my problem is the understanding how this VI´s work and in wich order I have to use this VI´s.

Has anybody experience with this VI´s?

It would be very nice when i get an answer....

With kind regards,

Nico Landeck
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(17,970 Views)
Hi Nico.  It seems we are trying to do the same thing!  We too have a T12 and would like to use LabVIEW.  which software do you have? KDI LabView Driver for CANAPI2 or KDI LabView Driver for PCAN-Light ?  Have you tried a CAN listen device on the bus to catch the messages? (I haven't yet)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(17,836 Views)

Hi John,

sorry for my late Reply. The reason is, that I finished my thesis in August.

I haven´t solved the problem with the T12 communication over Can-Bus. I used the analoge torque value from the T12.

I used the LabView 8.2 Software.

My big Problem was, that I had two Peak-USB Dongles. One for communication with MoviDriveB from SEW-EURODRIVE and one for communication with the T12. For my application I had to use the canapi2.dll. Because the light Version with the pcan_usb.dll is only for one dongle. I solved a single CAN communication with the pcan_usb.dll to the T12. An example is attached.

It would be very nice when you give me an answer, how you solved the problem.

Kind regards,

Nico

Please excuse my bad english. 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(17,614 Views)
Hi Nico
I am afraid I cannot assist here.

We decided to use the analogue torque signal into an HP counter and read this via GPIB.  We find it very stable and repeatable. 

However our present testing (of efficiency of electric motors) is recorded on a sheet of paper by hand, without using labview at all! We use the HBM software (T12 assistant) to show torque, speed and power.  This gives us excellent results: high precision and accuracy.  Since the tests are carried out over some hours, the manual data collection is appropriate for us. 

Thank you for sharing the vi s.  I will investigate them sometime.

Your use of CAN to operate a variable speed drive is also of interest to us, since we presently use a VSD to change the speed of a wound-rotor motor used as a transformer to adjust the load to our motor under test.  The VSD is controlled by an analogue pot. 

Being able to "close the loop" and have a constant torque system has several interesting uses in the research of motor characteristics, but that is a long way off for us!!

Thank you for your interest.
Regards
John

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(17,611 Views)
I have implemented PCAN Light Dll into LabVIEW. This driver you can download from here:

http://www.labviewtutorial.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(17,546 Views)

I intend to use the PCAN to communicate through the LabVIEW 8.2 but,I'm not sure of what will be the best.

Or PCANlight pcan_usb.dll or the canapi2.dll. 

Can somenone  Clarify me ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(16,618 Views)
PEAK PCAN-USB drivers: http://www.labviewportal.eu/en/device-i-o/82-pcan-usb-driver
---

Peter Flores
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(15,219 Views)

He

This Driver Work Nicely

Prabhakant

Regards
Prabhakant Patil
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(13,109 Views)

Hi

I required the Error Code detail for PCAN-USB.dll.

If any budy have it please post.

Regards

Prabhakant

prabhakantpatil@gmail.com

Regards
Prabhakant Patil
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(12,964 Views)

These link are 404.

Could you update new one.

Thanks,