cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industrial Communications for CANopen - interface create error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I am trying to run some basic examples, which I have found with example finder in directory - NI - Industrial communication for CANopen -> cRio -> FPGA bitfiles -> CANopen_cRio_heartbeat.vi.

But the block "Interface create" gives me the error -2147136667. 

I am working with cRio with NI 9881 module. The module is connected to Festo robot.

Do you have please any idea what could cause this error ? 

Text of Explain Error:

Possible reason(s):

You are trying to start an interface that is missing bus power for the transceiver. Some physical layers on NI-CANopen hardware are internally powered, but others require external power in order for the port to operate. This error occurs when starting an interface on hardware that requires external power when no power is detected. Supply proper voltage to your transceiver. Refer to the CANopen Hardware book of the NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen Help for more information.

Cheers

Ivo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,488 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IvoK

Hello IvoK,

The 9881 needs to be externally powered. You can do it with a CAN Breakout Box or with a CAN cable.

Regards

Mélinda B
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,449 Views)

Hello Melinda, 

thanks for your answer. You are right, we added Vsup to the 9th pin of our CAN cable and it works!

Cheers 

Ivo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,443 Views)

Hi there,

we are having the same error. We have also just tried connecting pins 9 & 3 to an external power supply, however we still receive the error. 

In the mean time, do you have any tutorials with regards to CanOpen in labview? I have looked at the example project and help files however I would prefer a tutorial with more explanation. We are using a cRio 9024 with Ni 9881 CanOpen module.

Thanks

Mechteam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,260 Views)