From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use LabVIEW to communicate CAN with automotive air conditioning compressor

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear teachers, I am a LabVIEW beginner using LabVIEW 2020 SPI 32-bit. Recently, I need to use LabVIE.xnet to communicate with the compressor, only control the speed of the compressor, and then let the compressor feedback some information. Now I have a communication protocol for the compressor.However, I don't know how to program with LabVIEW, and I CAN't understand the communication protocol of the compressor. I use NI 9862.CAN communication equipment, and the attachment is the communication protocol of the compressor.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,151 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 韩自华

I recommend you to start with understanding CAN protocol, then create database files based on the specification provided. Once you have the database file, you can do programming with XNET API.

Controller Area Network (CAN) Overview

FIBEX and the NI-XNET Database Editor Overview

Getting Started with the NI-XNET API for LabVIEW

Senior Technical Support Engineer | CLD CTA | NI

DISCLAIMER: The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,096 Views)