Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create e a XNET/Database?

I have a software specification documents that specifies CanBus Address for heater BIT test, control, and status.  I am trying to find a way to import or create a database to use in my ESS Test Stand for the heater. I have found there is several type of databases. The three listed are FIBEX, Vector, and NI Canbus.  Any suggestions on which one best to use and go forward?  Basically, I have a 600 plus page work document with multiple tables for all the attributes.   Thanks, Greg

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,082 Views)

Hi Greg, 

Are you thinking about handling the information using arbitration ID's? If not, could you maybe give me a little bit of clarification on what exactly you are trying to do with your documentation/database. I would recomend using FIBEX by the way.

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,070 Views)

I was looking for convenient way to create a database to handle at least the addressing part of the canbus message, then I woudl decode the payload portion on my own.

There is several hundered varibles and boolean bits to potenitally monitor.  This might be mute now.I finally received a Vector Database that I have imported into Labview.

Thanks,

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,067 Views)

Hi Greg, 

So it sounds like you are going to go with Vector. Did you have any other questions?

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,040 Views)