Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build with 64-bit NI-CAN 2.7.2?

From my local NI representative I have learnt that my card actually is Series 2 - the result is the same, however, it is not supported by NI-XNET. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,010 Views)

Another problem is that if I install x-net on my 64-bit os, it will not support any of my current 8464 can cards!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,127 Views)

CAN in LAbview is a pretty sad experience

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,126 Views)

@Figure-8 wrote:

CAN in LAbview is a pretty sad experience

I've been doing CAN in LabVIEW for about 12 years.  My experience says you are incorrect.  I have several nice class wrappers that have an intuitive Frame, Signal, ISO15765, XCP, wrapper for any CAN hardware we have from Vector, NI-CAN, NI-XNet, Intrepid, Kvasar, CAN-Serial, and any other custom CAN device like a Teensy microcontroller and a CAN transceiver.  The amount of cool stuff I've been able to do with LabVIEW and CAN over the years has impressed all of my bosses and customers.  Replacing $20k solutions with a $500 CAN device and some pre-made software is something I've done at multiple companies.  My favorite hardware is by far XNet ones that have awesome features that make getting starting and making applications very easy.

Your 8464 isn't an XNet card but is an NI-CAN card, and doesn't use XNet drivers but uses the NI-CAN drivers.  The NI-CAN and NI-XNet drivers are both supported on 64 bit OSs, with the XNet ones also supporting 64 bit built LabVIEW applications.  I suspect your issue is with enabling the compatibility layer of XNet which might have issues with NI-CAN but with very little information no one can help you.  If you actually need help give us more information or call NI for support.  If you are here venting because you are having a bad day, then please continue.

I'm sorry you are having issues but making a blanket statement like that feels like a knee-jerk reaction.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,116 Views)

You are correct. Just not having a good day with my system. I guess for me I just find it hard to work with. But I'll keep trying...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,113 Views)

No worries, if you have anything we can help with let us know.  But if the issue is what I suggested I think only NI can help you.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,108 Views)