From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get actual time taken to transmit and receive CAN frame (From the hardwares perspective)

Solved!
Go to solution

Very helpful Jeff, Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(977 Views)

Hi JefeL,

I know this is an old post you help me on before but wanted to revive it to follow up with a very similar/related question on synchronizing the PXIe-8523 Automotive Ethernet with a PXIe-8510 XNET CAN card. 

So instead of a gateway between 2 CAN busses, in this case I have a Gateway between 1 CAN bus and 1 Automotive Ethernet interface. My tests require that I sync the PXIe-8523 Automotive Ethernet with the PXIe-8510 XNET CAN card so that I can accurately measure the time taken for a message transmitted on one interface to arrive on the other interface. Do you know how to achieve this sync between the Automotive Eth and XNET CAN? I cant seem to find any examples but according the the documentation of the XNET Connect Terminals.vi, I would need to use the "Time Trigger" on the Ethernet to achieve synchronization. Do you have any examples or ideas on who to implement this?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(753 Views)

Hi jdkdev,

Please see the Synchronized Replay section in NI-XNET Hardware and Software Help >> Appendix >> Additional Information.

Senior Technical Support Engineer | CLD CTA | NI

DISCLAIMER: The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(736 Views)