Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Seed and Unlock

Hi,
I'm using an ECU board fo test with CAN interface.Since ECU has security lock in it i'm trying to unlock the protection(using GET Seed and Unlock Protection commands)As Get seed provides the Seed data,for computing the Key i'm using a DLL SeedKey1.dll(supplied by our customers) and then passing the key value to the Unlock Vi.But during course of my execution,program stops at Seedkey1.dll and throws an exception mentioning that exception occured at specified node(screen shot of which i have attached)

The function prototype for Seedkey dll specified is

unsigned long SEEDKEYAPI ASAP1A_CCP_ComputeKeyFromSeed(
  unsigned char *seed,
  unsigned short sizeSeed,
  unsigned char *key,
  unsigned short maxSizeKey,
  unsigned short *sizeKey);

The reason i need to unlock is for performing my CCP read and Tuning some EEPROM values of ECU.The sequence in which i'm using Get Seed is 1.CCP Open(with timeout)->.CCP Connect->CCP Get Seed

The attachments for reference which i have provided with this under a folder named  "Files" are
1.subvi which i'm using for Unlock after CCP Connect
2.screenshot of error occured when i run my application and try to perform CCP Read.
3.Seedkey dll which i'm using

one more additional info which i want to add is that in the Get Seed.vi ,i have given Resource input as 1.Is that a valid one if i want to perform a CCP Read.
A reply for this will be really of helpful to me.

Regards
Murali

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,038 Views)
Hi Murali,

It looks as though this is a problem with the DLL you're calling and not the CAN card you're using. You would have much better luck with responses by posting this in the LabVIEW forum instead of the CAN/D-Net forum.

Regards,
-Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,007 Views)
Hi Murali,

I've checked your VI and found out the reason for the exception in the SeedKey1.dll. In your VI you did not provide a data array to take the key calculated in the dll. Try the attached VI to calculate the key. That should work.

Regards
Rainer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,951 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem with this DLL, but the links are broken. Can you upload the solution or can someone fix this broken links?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,480 Views)