Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMLAN & PCI CAN

Hi ,

I am using NI PCI-CAN/2 Series 2 for validation purpose . Can i use same hardware(i.e. PCI CAN CARD) for testing the GMLAN protocol.

Thks in advance

HKT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,340 Views)

Hi,

See the following KB Link for more informations:  Link

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,325 Views)

Hi DriKW,

link you have provided is not working here , can you share the content of the link .

there is one more question :-

Can we pragmatically select the Low speed(33.33kbps, single wire) mode in PCI CAN series 2 card ?

Thks in advance

HKT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,310 Views)

Ups that was the wrong Link:

GMLAN is based on the CAN architecture so technically it should work with NI-CAN hardware. The reason why we cannot say it is supported is because in order to have a hardware that is GMLAN compliant, it must be certified by GM. Since there hasn't been a considerable number of customers who request this support, we have not made that yet.

Second question:  Only the 8464/XS board allows to switch transceivers programaticaly to Single Wire CAN. Our High Speed boards are limited to 40 KBaud minimum.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,294 Views)

Hi. Lab V,

I am also interested in working with the GMLAN Protocol with the NI Card.  I'm a novice and maybe you can guide me along. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,258 Views)

Any suggestions on how to enquire PID status via GMLAN will be appreciated. I have an X-NET card and a GMLAN supported ECU. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,914 Views)