There is a known issue with the NI-845x 2.1 driver in Windows XP SP3. Please confirm that this is your exact setup and I can send you a patch that will clear this up for you.
Yes, This is my setup, I have been waiting for NI App to sent me the Patch for the pass two work days, but I have not received
any patch. I sent the app Engr all of the info he Requested. I had to go out of town on Thursay and Friday (27th and 28th of
September). Please send me the patch!!!!!. My contact info is listed below.
Senior Design Engineer
Acuity Brands Lighting Inc.
One Lithonia Way
Conyers, GA 30012
I am waiting on a Patch from NI App Engineer to see if it clears up my Win XP SP3 "Error Loading "NI845x.dll" invalid access to memory location problem.
Can you attach or PM me your MAX system log? (in max, File >> Create Report >> Technical support report). I am mainly interested in the file "ni_max_report.html" that is generated (one of the many generated files).
I am still trying to get to the complete root cause, which appears possibly to be a combination of different drivers. If you do have time to create the file and post it, I would appreciate it so that I can validate the different installed drivers and versions.
I was doing a NI Web Search and found that NI-845x 2.1 Driver had been develop in Aug 2012.
After Reading the Readme File (2.1 Driver) I notice that the feature that I having a problem
with (Changing the SPI Bit Transfer Size (4..64)) was added to this upgrade.
I download NI845x 2.1 Driver from NI and installed it on my System (MS Win XP Prof SP3 Intel Core I7 CPU
620 Running 2.67GHz, 3.2GB RAM) The install took about 35 Mins to Complete but no Errors was Reported.
I executed the Shutdown command and turned off my computer.
I Re-Boot my Computer and log-on and then connected-up my USB-8452 Controller. I Started LabView 2009
and start to run some of the VI that I had previously developed and Debugged with NI845x 2.0 Driver
NONE OF THE VIs WOULD RUN.
The Error generated when I double clicked the VI to open it in LabVIEW Msg: 'Error Loading "NI845x.DLL"
Invalid Access to Memory Location'
* In order to get some help on this problem I submitted a NI Technical Support Request ticket
* NI Tech Support Center Provide me a web link to NI FTP Website and donwload a patch (NI-845x 2.1) that May fix my problem. The Download patch turn-out to be another DLL LiB with the Same name as the original 2.1 update. But had a different version number.
* The Patch DLL was copied to the Windows\System32 Folder, this was the only instructions for installing the Patch.
I Ran My development and NI Example VIs with the New DLL install and LabView start reporting exception
memory access errors, when the VI tried to call the Function Node Code , then labview would automatically
close and exit ungracefully.
* NI Tech Support Team had me to Run the Varies VIs associated with NI845x 2.1 Driver and take snapshot of the
Failing DLL The I/O NI Trace code utility was started before Running the VI for Debugging. All this info was
sent to NI Tech Support for Review and solutions.
1) I Decide to Reboot my computer (Win XP OS SP3 or higher)
2) I When to the C:\Windows\System32 Directoiry and Rename the File from NI845x.dll to NI845xYYYY.dlll
3) I then Ran Labview and tried to Run one of the VI We were having problems with (Exam2_SPI_Script_BIT_RXFER_WRITE
_READ_Ref.VI after double click the VI to RUN LabView Started searching for the NI845x.dll File that was
Removed from ..\System32 Folder.
4) After Labview Prompt for me to Browse to the Directory where the file is located. I browse to a directory I created and place
the a copy of the original NI845x.dll 2.1 Upgrade (this is not the PATCh DLL- I Did use it)
5) After Labview loaded the dll in the new Directory, I Activated the RUN Command. This VI
which had been failing Consistently everytime you would press the RUN Button NOW BEgAN RUNNING WITH NO
6) I tried RUNNING other VIs that had Previously FAILED - ALL RAN SUCCESSFULLY WITH NO FAILURES. I saved
all the VIs so that the New File Path for the Function Node code was saved to files.
7) I Decide to exit Labview Gracefully and Re-boot my Computer to RUN These VIs Again.
😎 I then Repeated RUNNING All the VIs again - ALL RAN SUCCESSFULLY WITH NO FAILURES
9) i REPEAT STEPS 7 AND 8 AGAIN - ALL RAN SUCCESSFULLY WITH NO FAILURES
* SO FOR EVERYTHING HAS BEEN RUNNING WITH NO FAILURES (NI825X 2.1 DRIVER UPDATE)
Yes, I do have a password. Why are you asking me about a password?
Because I can reproduce the problem if my XP user account does not have a password. Interesting that yours does have a password and you still see the issue. There may be other ways to reproduce it, but so far I can reproduce it if I:
1) Run Windows XP
2) Have NI-845x 2.1 installed
3) Have a version of DAQmx installed
4) Am running a Windows XP account that doesn't have a password protecting it.
We do have a new patch available that you can get from our PSE or the AE that should really fix the problem completely.