From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading "Ni845x.dll" invalid access to memory location

What are the change(s) in the New Patch that fixed the problem that was not detected in the First Patch?

Projhunter

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(5,992 Views)

Hi Guys,

I am having very similar issues... Using a NI-8451, Win XP SP3, LavView 2012 f3

I get the same error code. My drive is NTFS formated and I have a XP account with password.

ProjHunter, code you post the version number of the DLL you are successfulling running your code with? I currently have Ni845x.DLL version 2.1.0.49153

Regards,

Gord

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(5,929 Views)

Actually, the problem has been better identified and if you upgrade your DAQmx to a more recent version, that is the simplest method to make the problem go away. This happens to be a strange interaction between NI-DAQmx 9.2-9.4 (possibly earlier than 9.2, but that was the oldest version I tested with). If you install DAQmx 9.5 or newer, the problem should go away.

If you are unable to do that, let me know and I can provide you with a second workaround, but it is not quite as clean.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(5,922 Views)

Thanks for the info.

I had DAQmx version 9.4 installed, I downloaded and installed DAQmx version 9.6.1

So far so good. The DLL loading error seems to be gone. I still need to do some testing but looks like that fixed it.

Thanks,

Gord

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(5,913 Views)

NI-845x 2.1.1 is released, which should fix this problem for people that do not want to upgrade their NI-DAQmx driver.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3771/lang/en

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(5,867 Views)