From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-8260 occured at ISOTP Receive.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to enter the OBD Engine Monitor but am constantly getting the error "Error-8260 occured at ISOTP Receive.vi". I guess I can not get an ID from transmit and receive. what should I do? Is there a recommendation? I am new to this subject and can not get any reply from the system. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,085 Views)

The -8260 error indicates that a response was never received from the ECU. There are many things that can cause this error such as baud rate mismatch, incorrect IDs, impropper termination in your CAN cable, the ECU is taking longer than expected to process a command, and so on.

1. Verify that the physical layer parameters are correct. I.e. baudrate, termination.
  2. Use the XNET bus monitor to verify that the ECU is sending a response to a specific PID. Make sure to configure the bus monitor for "Subordinate" mode and check both log transmitted frames and bus error frames. If the bus monitor is detecting error frames then there is likely a problem with the physical layer from step 1. If the PID is sent to the ECU but no response is sent back the issue is likely the transmit ID.
Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(4,048 Views)

I will do what you say. thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,041 Views)

I tried everything but it did not happen. The error is still the same.

Transmit ID is 7E0 and Receive ID is 7E8. Maybe I need a different id. I made the baud rate 500,000 earlier. But it is not faint. I can get data from the bus monitor.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,019 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phaldorel

Let's break the problem down into smaller pieces. 

The example attached above attempts to read from many PIDs in sequence. Lets try to simplify the problem by selecting only one PID to work with and commenting out the others, very similar to the shipping examples. Once we get a single service working we can expand to add other services.

Next, setup the bus monitor to capture both transmitted and bus error frames from the interface. Then run your example and take a screen capture of the ID Logger tab showing all the traffic. Post it here so I can see it.

I would expect 0x7E0 to work but you could also try to use 0x7DF as the Tx ID and the bus monitor will show if a response is sent from your ECU and what ID it has.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,017 Views)

problem is solved. When we turned on the headlights of the car, the ECU worked.

Thanks for be interested.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,009 Views)