From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECU MC Toolkit problem with NI-9860 (problem a2l)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everybody, 

I have a cRIO-9057 with NI9860 Module. With MAX I can read values from the ECU (Bus Monitor).

When  i execute the VI. I have this error in MC DAQ Initialize

Parameters (CRO, DTO,Seedkey ) are not defined in the data base. my question is :

These parameters are mandatory for communication with the ECU (I want just read some channels)??.

Parameters.PNG

I added the parameters (CRO and DTO chosen ramdomly) in the code but I still have the some error.

Are these parameters defined by the Constructor?

Parameters 2.PNG

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,320 Views)

I forget the screen error

Error parameters.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,291 Views)

Hi RchB,

This indicates that NI ECU MC Toolkit is not able to parse your A2L file. You can extract these communication parameters manually use Notepad++. Taking shipping CCPECU.a2l as an example:

For CCP, search for keyword /begin TP_BLOB

CCP2.PNG

Definition of each parameter is provided at the top of the A2L file.

Senior Technical Support Engineer | CLD CTA | NI

DISCLAIMER: The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,282 Views)

Hello ZY_Ong,

Thank you for the answer.

I use Nodepad++ to extract data but I don't find these information.

I thinks the A2L is not complete ( missing parameters)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,259 Views)

Hello Zy_ong,

Now l have an A2L (on XCP) when I extract these  parameters manually using Notepad++ I have ( DTO = 9F79E001, CRo= 9F79E000). when I use A2L Viewer I have (DTO = 1F79E001, CRO= 1F79E000) and in VI Labview (Using ECU MC Toolkit) I have 3F79E000.

CTO.PNG

Have you any explications ??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,236 Views)

The extended CAN ID range is 29 bits, no ID can be a value that requires more than 29 bits to hold it.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

Since this number has to be held in a U32 sometimes bits at the end can signify flags like if it is an extended ID or not instead of having a separate boolean.  Here is the older NI-CAN which would OR 0x20000000 to any ID that was extended.

In your case an ID of 0x9F79 E001‬ is 0b1001 1111 0111 1001 1110 0000 0000 0001‬. If we truncate this at 29 bits we get 0b11111011110011110000000000001 which is 0x1F79E001.  This likely is the real ID you would see on the bus, but extended of course, because it uses more bits than the standard ID can.

Message 6 of 13
(3,222 Views)

Hello,

When I try to connect to the ECU I get a timeout error :

TimeOut.PNG

I set  manually (CRO,DTO, BaudRate)

SeedKey Dll is mandatory for communication or not?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,204 Views)

Either the ECU didn't respond after a request for some action, or it responded but some setting in the API is wrong, so it missed it.  You can look at the bus and see if there was a response of some kind.  I don't use XCP often but I don't believe the Seed/Key DLL is required for basic communication.

Message 8 of 13
(3,199 Views)

Error -301096 at MC DAQ Initialize VI indicates that slave ECU didn't response to CONNECT command.

Error -301075: Access locked will be reported if we don't provide the Seedkey DLL.

If you are running the application on Windows, you can run XCP and CCP Trace to capture the trace.

You may refer to the troubleshoot guide attached to Troubleshooting XCP or CCP Master Custom Device in VeriStand to understand how to analyze the trace log.

Senior Technical Support Engineer | CLD CTA | NI

DISCLAIMER: The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Message 9 of 13
(3,180 Views)

Not fully aware of XCP, but is the Slave Address really the CRO_ID or is it the Station Address as would normally be seen in the older A2L files?  That might explain the response.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,169 Views)