From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECU MC Toolkit different versions

Solved!
Go to solution

For development I have a full license of the ECU MC Toolkit. Now I have to roll out the software to the test station PC.

But I don't know if there is a deployment license for the ECU MC Toolkit available. On our test stations we run "Teststand debug deployment environment" and the ECU MC Toolkit have to be compatible with this version.

I know that there are two different Download files for ECUMC1500.exe:

The full version has 423.62 MB and the "Runtime" version has 44.61 MB. Is this "Runtime" version a deployment version?

If not, I have to buy the full license for the test station PC.

HH
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,811 Views)

I think there may have been a deployment license way back in the first versions of ECUMC. I also know there is not a special deployment license for ECUMC 15.0. Having the run-time on the deployment target should be sufficient.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,790 Views)

We found that the first few ECU MC Toolkits did not roll up into the build.  It has worked for us since the LV2013 release with the latest ECU MC at that time.  Now when we build them, the executables work with the run-time engines.  All CAN communications work as expected.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,782 Views)

My problem is not get an executable. On the target system is "Teststand debug deployment environment 2012" installed.

This debug version has the full access to LV 2012 to debug and fix Vi's. I can open Vi's, fix errors and save the Vi's again. If I install now the ECUMC1500.exe "Runtime" version (44.61 MB), I don't know if I can fix errors in Vi's with ECU MC function blocks. Can I open such Vi's, fix errors and save them again?

Otherwise I have to install the full development version of ECU MC Toolkit.

HH
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,748 Views)

I don't use Teststand.  Maybe someone else has that answer.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,741 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HH_2018

It is my understanding that the TestStand Debug deployment option requires the various drivers or toolkits to install their contents to vi.lib so that they can be found for editing. The automotive software we offer: XNET, NI-CAN, ADCS, and ECUMC only installs LabVIEW support (vi.lib) with the full version. The runtime versions of these drivers and toolkits will only install the bare minimal DLLs required for executables to function.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,735 Views)

Hi,

I'm phasing same issue. I'm stuck on license activation.

I buy "TestStand Debug Deployment Environment License (779851-35)";

my ATE is offline;

I activate several toolkit, but I'm not able to enable "ECU MC Toolkit" on my PC following the procedure on NI  website. 

Any suggestion?

Regards

Paolo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,809 Views)