From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does XNET CAN interface work with SBRIO 9627?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to use XNET-CAN modules with the SBRIO 9627. I have searched for documentation to do this but have been unable to find something for the SBRIO 9627 board. I can run NI Embedded CAN for RIO, but my application requires more flexibility and using XNET CAN modules will be helpful. I am also unsure if XNET modules works with SBRIO hardware or not as I have read conflicting statements on the forums. It will be helpful if I can be pointed to any documentation or examples where XNET-CAN modules have been run with the SBRIO hardware. 

Thank you,

Krishna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,175 Views)

The XNET readme indicates the sbRIO-9627 is fully supported as far back as version 15 and possibly earlier. My understanding is that you will also need a RIO Mezzanine Card (RMC) to use the C-Series modules. With that combination you should be able to use any NI-986x module with the sbRIO-9627.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,163 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to understand you clearly, the CAN IC (NXP-PCA82C251T) on the SBRIO 9627 (which can be accessed by the NI Embedded CAN for RIO) cannot be accessed by the XNET CAN modules . And that I will need the C-Series NI 968X modules with the RIO Mezzanine Card (RMC) to be able to run XNET CAN modules. 

Thank you,

Krishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,157 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mka89
@mka89 wrote:

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to understand you clearly, the CAN IC (NXP-PCA82C251T) on the SBRIO 9627 (which can be accessed by the NI Embedded CAN for RIO) cannot be accessed by the XNET CAN modules . And that I will need the C-Series NI 968X modules with the RIO Mezzanine Card (RMC) to be able to run XNET CAN modules. 

That is exactly correct.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,150 Views)