Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does XNET CAN interface work with SBRIO 9627?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to use XNET-CAN modules with the SBRIO 9627. I have searched for documentation to do this but have been unable to find something for the SBRIO 9627 board. I can run NI Embedded CAN for RIO, but my application requires more flexibility and using XNET CAN modules will be helpful. I am also unsure if XNET modules works with SBRIO hardware or not as I have read conflicting statements on the forums. It will be helpful if I can be pointed to any documentation or examples where XNET-CAN modules have been run with the SBRIO hardware. 

Thank you,

Krishna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,142 Views)

The XNET readme indicates the sbRIO-9627 is fully supported as far back as version 15 and possibly earlier. My understanding is that you will also need a RIO Mezzanine Card (RMC) to use the C-Series modules. With that combination you should be able to use any NI-986x module with the sbRIO-9627.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,130 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to understand you clearly, the CAN IC (NXP-PCA82C251T) on the SBRIO 9627 (which can be accessed by the NI Embedded CAN for RIO) cannot be accessed by the XNET CAN modules . And that I will need the C-Series NI 968X modules with the RIO Mezzanine Card (RMC) to be able to run XNET CAN modules. 

Thank you,

Krishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mka89
@mka89 wrote:

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to understand you clearly, the CAN IC (NXP-PCA82C251T) on the SBRIO 9627 (which can be accessed by the NI Embedded CAN for RIO) cannot be accessed by the XNET CAN modules . And that I will need the C-Series NI 968X modules with the RIO Mezzanine Card (RMC) to be able to run XNET CAN modules. 

That is exactly correct.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,117 Views)