cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCP Daq Read with No A2l file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am new to ECM tool Kit. I Started Playing with it now havent used much of it. I dont have the A2L file but i know the CRO, DTO ID. I want read the Data periodically from the Adress Location and Store it in array with the Relative Time Stamp difference between the previous Read data. I know this can be done using the CCP Daq Commands in ECU MC tool kit. If anybody has used this feature can you share the VI with me. It was urgent for me on one particular task, Any reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,189 Views)
Solution
Accepted by KiranKeshavegowda

Hi Kiran,

I am not sure if NI has any example code for that feature. Could elaborate on your project.
What hardware and software are you using in addition to the ECU MC Toolkit?

Can you use an A2L file instead?

What is your goal? There might be a simpler way to read the data.

JD B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,166 Views)

The ECUMC toolkit can be used without an A2L file for doing Measurement applications. If you go under the pallette Addons/ECU M&C/Advanced/ECU and Measurement Create you find all VIs which are needed to create the objects in memory

Database Create > ECU Create > Measurement Ctreate and so on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,156 Views)

Hi JD B,

Thanks for the Reply. I have the NI PXI Chassis and 8464 Card. I have the CCP Implemeted in the Software But A2L file generated is not as per Standards and the SW is Written both with Assembly and C. So All Variable Information is Not Available in A2L file.

i am using the MC Upload to read the Value from the address Location. The Requirmement what i have is Say as an example  i want to Read the Variable/Address Location for 5 sec every 100 msec. and i will get 50 Sample data Values. and i want to Check if the Data is Consistenet or if there is any toggle in between.

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,144 Views)

Hi Gibson,

Thanks for the reply. i was able to use the MC Set Properties Vi to Set the Properties of my CCP/ECU. and i am able to do the Upload and Download.

Now i need to look into DAQ Part. Need to Keep Logging for few Seconds and store it in array and need to see if the data is Consistent.

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,141 Views)

Hi Kiran,

I was not able to find any example for this functionality. Here is the user manual for the ECU MC toolkit:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371601j.pdf

I will continue to look into this and see if there is some more information I can find for you.

JD B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,101 Views)

Hi Kiran,

We typically don't create custom examples but I spoke with an Engineer that works more closely with this product and he created an example by modifying one of our examples. It recreates the Sinus1 measurement that is included in the Example A2L file that ships with ECUMC. Since this sample code is not created by NI, it is not directly supported and the performance of this example is not guaranteed. If you run into issues using this code you will need to follow common debugging practices.

I hope this helps!

JD B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 7 of 7
(6,064 Views)