Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN queue overflow/Error BFF6211A

Here is an improved version that includes the timestamp for every received channel within the log file.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(3,741 Views)

Hey Dirk,

Looks like I found a way to reduce the loop timing.I removed the ChannelMonitor Property nodes(all 3 of them) and the Delete and Clear Stats Vi's and I see the Time per iteration to be around 10-15ms.So I guess I can avoid the Queue overflow error untill the 8th or 9th minute.(sometimes it runs all the 10minutes).

I'm not sure what the proprty nodes do in the loop? they are just like indicators right? why do they take up sometime?

Thanks for all the help Dirk :-). If there is way to provide feedback let me know I'll be happy to do that!

-Vamshi

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(3,732 Views)

Hi

The property nodes update the table on your user interface if you add or delete channels. And yes because the sync to the user interface thread that slows down execution.

Have a look to the last posted version of the monitor+logger.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(3,721 Views)

Hey Dirk,

I'm not clear about the last sentence in your message ("Have a look to the last posted version of the monitor+logger"). you mean the last version of the code you posted on this thread ?

Thanks

-Vamshi

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(3,714 Views)

yes check the last posted VI. It can handle both, the UI update and the logging part.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(3,702 Views)