Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN message filtering

Hi all, I am using X-NET to work with NI PXI-8513 CAN board. I have to observe a specific mesasge in order to investigate if it is trasmitted on CAN network after 50 ms I send a particular message to an automotive ECU.

I have figured out about filtering this message. How it is possible to filter a CAN message using X-NET?

If you have other suggestions about observing this message please post here.

Regards,

Jessica

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,568 Views)

you using LabVIEW? IF so please check in the Example finder under

Hardware Input Output / CAN / NI-XNET / Intro into Sessions / Frame Sessions / CAN Frame Input Queued.vi

This example demonstrates receiving frames using an NI-XNET Frame Input session.  This example can run against the CAN Frame Output Queued example, assuming you have a properly terminat CAN cable connected to two CAN ports. If you have no database aliases on your system, the example automatically loads the nixnet_example database. 

This example uses the Frame Input Queued Mode, which reads data from a dedicated queue per frame. It enables your application to read a sequence of data specific to a frame (for example, a CAN identifier). You specify only one frame for the session, and the XNET Read VI returns values for that frame only. If you need sequential data for multiple frames, create multiple sessions, one per frame.The input data is returned as an array of frame values. These values represent all values received for the frame since the previous call to the XNET Read VI.

If the session uses a CAN interface, the XNET Read (Frame CAN) VI is the recommended way to read data for this mode. This VI returns an array of frames, where each frame is a LabVIEW cluster specific to the CAN protocol. If the session uses a FlexRay or LIN interface, the read selection for that protocol is recommended. For more advanced applications, use the XNET Read (Frame Raw) VI, which returns frames in an optimized, protocol-independent format.

refer to the XNET Manual for further details on the various Read modes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,566 Views)