Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN-bus monitor directly startable (not via MAX but direct)

I'm looking for a CAN-bus monitor that is independly working from MAX, does anybody have something like that.
(I would like to have a can-bus monitor just like in MAX that startsup automatically when the pc is started. And the ability to log into ascii files)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,041 Views)
It sounds like you might want to write your own application. You can simply build an executable and put a shortcut to it in the windows startup folder. If you are using Labview or CVI, you can build the logger using the application builder tool for CVI or Labview.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,041 Views)
I would like a bus monitor just as in MAX.
I wanted to take a look what possibilities there where before programming my own application.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,041 Views)
Keep in mind, the Bus monitor comming with the driver is also only a EXE File. You can use this EXE also as you want. You can find the EXE in NICAN/Bin Folder.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,041 Views)
I tried that, but it does not work at my site....
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,041 Views)
Hi Wimke,

you actually can launch the BusMonitor without using MAX, if you pass the CAN port name as a parameter:
nican_bm CAN0
The baudrate is set based on the settings for that port in MAX, I don't think that you can pass this as a parameter as well.

-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,041 Views)
Hi B2K,

This works fine, thanks for your advise.

Regards
Wimke
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,041 Views)

hi 

i have the same problem i cant run my nican_bm application 

how can i do it ?? 

thx  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,969 Views)