Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Single Wire using NI PXI-8513/2

I used the C Code from the attached file to create the 2 VI's to Write and Read over CAN Single Wire using the PXI-8513. so far I don have communication. is there any other VI sample to send/receive frames using the Single Wire CAN ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,555 Views)

Hi rgomez7408

Have you tried the Examples in the NI Example Finder (Help>>Find Examples) in LabVIEW or CVI??? You can find several examples for Frame or Channel single wire communication.

First check the HW, Do you detect it in MAX?? Do you have same Baudrate parameters?? Are you sending/recieving the correct port?? Have you tried a loopback test? you can achieve this with the LabVIEW or CVI Examples to send test frames and check them with the Bus Monitor from MAX. 

Do you have a Terminal on the CAN cable?? CAN cables need  a 120ohm resistor on each node. NI cables that have terminals have a lable that says "terminal cable".

Any other Questions please let me know

Juan Arguello Director Support Services @NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,537 Views)

I have not found any sample for CAN Frame Single wire, could you please specify the directory or upload a sample please

I search in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\examples\nixnet 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,535 Views)

I'm working on a GM LAN bus CAN Single wire baudrate = 33.333, pin 7 CAN_H connected to the unit, also pin 3 to GND and Pin 9 to 12Vdc. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,534 Views)

Hi rgomez7408

Any of the examples of xnet can work with single wire unless the bandwith restricts them. You need to change the property of your PXI card transciever to work single-wire and after this you can use any of the examples. The property node is located in the Functions Palettes>>Measurement I/O>>XNET>>Session Node. This node has a property called Interface>>CAN>>Transciever Type. You can set this property to SW and this means that it configures the PXI card to work with singlewire. After this you can use any example from the XNET folder.

I´m sending you also the XNET Manual in case you need more information

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/6394B500F99CF28886257A45004BA241

Juan Arguello Director Support Services @NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,528 Views)