cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Simulator

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

I'm working on a project where I need to be connected to a CAN network and get CAN OBDII messages. For troubleshooting the code, it is really difficult to be connected continuously. Does anyone know of a CAN OBD2 messages simulator or a VI that can generate random messages?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,899 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cc77

Hi CC,

Depending on what you want to troubleshoot you have a couple of options in my opinion:

1) buy a physical CAN simulator: There is cost/time involved, but this will allow you to test all parts of your code and HW

2) I am not aware of a VI or software which you could use out of the box. But as you have a functioning CAN network, you could just record a couple of messages and save them somewhere on your drive. The you just need a VI which reads a random message from that file.

This shouldn't be to much work and would allow you to test everything not HW related on your program.

Andreas

Andreas
CLA, CTA
Message 2 of 6
(3,877 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cc77

The Automotive Diagnostic Command Set includes an ECU Simulator which offers all supported Diagnostic Protocols as well as Tranport Protocols to allow testing of various services.

Message 3 of 6
(3,871 Views)

Thanks Gibson,

I didn't know about this feature of the ADCS toolkit

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,869 Views)

just check in the example finder

Demo ECU in Example FinderDemo ECU in Example Finder

0 Kudos